- Roughly half of the level of happiness at which you currently rate yourself is accounted for by the level your biological parents would have gotten had they taken the same test.
- Research on extremely happy people has shown that it is possible to increase your level of happiness beyond the level of your parents (Foster and Hicks, How We Choose To Be Happy) by:
- Looking within yourself rather than externally
- Making choices everyday to bring happiness into your life
Martin Seligman says in his book Authentic Happiness that NONE of the following are correlated to happiness and life satisfaction:
- Making more money (in fact, materialistic people are less happy)
- Staying healthy (itís your subjective view of your health that matters)
- Getting as much education as possible (No Effect)
- Moving to a sunnier climate
- Your negative emotions (fear, sadness, anger) evoke fight or flight, focus us on what is wrong and motivate us to eliminate it, producing win-lose games.
- Your positive emotions generate a way of thinking that is creative, tolerant, constructive, generous, without defensiveness. This approach achieves win-win solutions in your relationships.
- Positive emotions also build friendships, love, better health and greater achievement.
- Click on Contact to learn more about how to transform your negative feelings into positive emotions, and read more about how to accomplish this
by signing up to receive the Achieving Authentic Happiness © email newsletter.
NEXT - The Seven Step Process For Achieving Authentic Happiness
To learn more about how you can achieve authentic happiness, click on the Contact Us button and let me know how I can help you.